Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys.

Ok, so here is a thread that I hope some can help me with.

I am wishing to look into building a supercomputer for hobby reasons mainly. I am building a new workstation and thought hey, what about cluster computing for a side hobby build.
I would like to build something where I could maybe, combine as many motherboards, cpu's and ram as possible and have it working as one large computing entity. Is this possible. I have not yet found any suitable articles on google for my exact question.

Is this pararel (sp) computing or cluster computing?.
My idea is to use dual cpu server boards and system would be using 64 bit vista and Linux. Big idea, but no idea where to start or if it can be done?.

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Server boards is what I am currently considering. I have found some good info in relation to clusters and it seems pretty straight forward, However, I have yet to find any full articles on running Windows as my main OS, so I can use my Adobe After Effects CS4 and a few other resource heavy apps.
Keeps seeming that Linux is the main OS of choice, but that is mainly for server and scientific reasons. I only want this for Windows desktop use. very interesting subject.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.