Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Tech Support Forums.

I recently aquired (legally) a registry editing program. I have been able to remove items that I know I once had installed on my computer, but no longer have. I also know not to touch anything if I don't know what it is.

But there are an awful lot of items that don't look like they're needed. For example, there are a lot of items that look like music based things (I'm an amateur computer musician), but I can't remember having. It could be that I have a bad memory of things I've installed, but I'm really not sure.

Also, I know I installed ICQ for a while, before uninstalling it. The thing is, there is still an ICQ folder in my 'Program Files' folder, but I can't see anything that looks like ICQ on my registry.

What I was hoping for was a site like this famous task-list list, but for registry entries. Unfortunately, I've not been able to find one. If anyone here knows of one, I would really appreciate it if you could tell me where it is. Yes, I have Googled on end.

Also, if you know what the ICQ registry entries are, I would like to hear from you, if you have the time.

Thankyou very much for reading. I hope to have some responses in the near future.

Bye :)

Edited to correct spelling.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you tried looking here? The powertools is a very powerful program, including a registry editor. Amongst other things, it is able to show a list of items/programs that are in the registry and when you remove one, it will remove all entries related to that entry. Very convenient.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
afterburn said:
Have you tried looking here? The powertools is a very powerful program, including a registry editor. Amongst other things, it is able to show a list of items/programs that are in the registry and when you remove one, it will remove all entries related to that entry. Very convenient.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Perhaps I was not clear in my first post, but I do already have a registry editor. And by the sound of it, the program you suggest does the same as what I currently have.

I do not want to sound ungrateful for your help, but I was hoping for information on registry items, similar to the task-list I linked to in my previous post, as well as any help with where ICQ componants are in the registry, and what it is/they are listed as.

Thanks once again for your time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.