Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, my PC has slows down a lot and reboots take a long time. I want to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10. Has anybody that? How difficult was it? Is it worse spending the time?

Thank you very much for your support

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
29,772 Posts
Follow the instructions and it's not that hard: Clean Install

·
Moderator , Security Team
1,485 Posts
If you're using an OEM machine that comes with a Recovery Partition installed, you could simply perform a Reset

Relatively straight forward to do, takes an hour or so to complete and will usually resolve most problems other than hardware problems.

·
Global Moderator
42,341 Posts
If your computer is slowing down and it takes a long time to reboot, a Clean Install will probably not help that much. Before doing that, test the Health of your HDD. Download DiskGenius in my signature. Select your disk and go up to the toolbar to Disk/View SMART Information. This will give you an overall snapshot of your HDD. it has a Yellow Caution button, then go to View or Repair Bad Sectors/Verify. This will take a long time, if there are any Bad Sectors on your drive, you should replace the drive ASAP. If all the Sectors are Good or if SMART says it is Good then proceed with a Clean Install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts