Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,
Im a first time user to this forum and a bit of a novice. I'm doing a clean install of XP sp1 on an AMD processor with no back up drivers. Will XP load all necessary drivers to operate the sytem normally once complete???
Can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
19,892 Posts
if your computer is from a major manufacturer you really need to use the drivers provided by them. Sometimes there are differences in the oem system where the computer manufacturer drivers are necessary.

usually drivers from microsoft are general drivers just to get things working. If want the full features from other devices you may add, you will have to download and install them yourself after you installl and update winxp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for your help. Is a generic AMD athlon with 1.5gig hardrive. Hardrive has had an early version of WIN 98 installed and does not recognised any of the drivers, so only has 16 bit resolution, No sound and wont recognise USB ports. Rather than finding all the drivers for 98, im thinking a clean install of XP Home which im assuming will have necessary drivers to get it going. Any ideas?:4-dontkno

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
if your computer is from a major manufacturer you really need to use the drivers provided by them. Sometimes there are differences in the oem system where the computer manufacturer drivers are necessary.

usually drivers from microsoft are general drivers just to get things working. If want the full features from other devices you may add, you will have to download and install them yourself after you installl and update winxp.
I think it's a better idea to download them "before" he formats his drive and installs Windows XP.

I don't know about the rest of you, but whenever I reinstalled windows xp, one of the main problems that I always encountered was not having internet access after the installation, and without internet access, I couldn't download the latest drivers.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Yes Toshi thats how its suppose to be.

But if customer doesnt respond with make and model of pc, then not much we can do here is there to tell them that and give the link or links to the correct drivers
for the pc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.