Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was performing a clean install of Windows Vista OS the other day and I first set my boot order in my BIOS to the CD-Rom as being reconized first. I placed my Windows Vista CD in the the CD tray and powered down my computer all the way and then started back up. When the computer started up it didn't give the prompt to hit any key to start the process it instead instantly started installing Window Vista. With the clean install beginning this way is it wrong? Will I have problems down the road with it starting this way or is this okay.

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visiting Expert
3,258 Posts
Hi Larkina

I'll guess that your hard drive was blank, yes? If so, you should be just fine. Vista will expect that you are clean installing if the only hard disk present is blank, and you are booting from the Vista DVD without using any special function keys during the boot.

Enjoy exploring Vista!
Best of luck,
. . . Gary

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for responding. That's a great relief to here you say that. I was thinking I would have to reinstall everything which can be time consuming. Thank you again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry I fell to answer your question I was so happy to see your reply. Yes, my hard drive was blank. As a matter of fact I had zeroed it out. Again thanks

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visiting Expert
3,258 Posts
Thanks for all your follow-up replies: I especially like the happy ending.
And, since it's almost holiday time: Happy Thanksgiving!
. . . Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.