Tech Support banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,732 Posts
In my experience Toshiba are the absolute worst hard drives so a year and a half isn't actually unusual with them. The mfgr will hide behind making it the laptop maker's issue to fix and of course if you didn't do an extended warranty with laptop maker the problem is totally yours to fix. Most BSODs in my experience are bad hard drives or incompatible memory. Have you by chance added memory to the laptop since purchase? If npot replace the hard drive or learn how to enjoy BSODs, those are really your only choices as someone said her software will not fix hardware issues and neither will additional posts here!.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
In my experience Toshiba are the absolute worst hard drives so a year and a half isn't actually unusual with them. The mfgr will hide behind making it the laptop maker's issue to fix and of course if you didn't do an extended warranty with laptop maker the problem is totally yours to fix. Most BSODs in my experience are bad hard drives or incompatible memory. Have you by chance added memory to the laptop since purchase? If npot replace the hard drive or learn how to enjoy BSODs, those are really your only choices as someone said her software will not fix hardware issues and neither will additional posts here!.
Done absolutely nothing to my laptop, it seemed to have started failing by itself. I'm still going to try to get a free repair if possible though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
BSOD's can also be related to a failing HDD. If you download and run the Free Disk Genius app in my signature, highlight your drive, go up to the toolbar to Disk then View Repair Bad Sectors. You will know the health of the drive. If there are more then a couple of Bad Sectors, the drive needs to be replaced ASAP before it fails all together and never start again.
I've used Disk Genius to look for bad sectors, there were none. That's why I have a strange case since my HDD does not show any health defects.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts