Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iv been checking out the program cisvc.exesome say get rid of it others say its ok,so far iv found its an indexing service and slows ur puter down and that bugs can latch on to itshould i remove it.:4-dontkno

·
Security Manager, Analyst , Rangemaster, TSF Acade
39,538 Posts
Hi

As long as it's located in the system32 folder then it's legit - I would not delete the file. You are correct about it being part of the Indexing Service, however you probably don't need that service running.

Go to Start > Run and type services.msc

In the Services dialog, look for Indexing Service and then double click on it. The Properties dialog will open. Half way down the box change the StartUp type to Disabled and click OK. That's you done.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

As long as it's located in the system32 folder then it's legit - I would not delete the file. You are correct about it being part of the Indexing Service, however you probably don't need that service running.

Go to Start > Run and type services.msc

In the Services dialog, look for Indexing Service and then double click on it. The Properties dialog will open. Half way down the box change the StartUp type to Disabled and click OK. That's you done.
its running in my task manager proces i asume thats a 32 folder. i have disabled it thanks. to close this thread do i do anything as im new to the site

·
Registered
2 Posts
Everyone is quite right it is a legit process belonging to windows system
but on some systems it eats 100% CPU.
It can be accessed by by ctlr Alt Delete will access the running process list
click on cisvc.exe and end process you will get a warning are you sure Click yes
and the process and associated process daemon.exe will stop running
your computer should then return to a goog useable state after about 30 seconds.
It will load again at next boot up you will need to stop it running again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.