Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I am very new to this, My company uses an old Cisco Pix 501, and my question is related to it. Right now, the pix is connectd to our incoming high speed internet, and a RedHat box acts as the DHCP, DNS and Proxy. We have setup some defaul proxy rules, blocking some sites and services. There are a few servers in the office, which have static IPs and dont go through the Proxy. The static and dynamic ips have different sets of IPs.
If someone does a default setup of client machines, that is get the gateway info from the DHCP server, then everything works fine. But as people have discovered, if they set the default gateway as the pix, they can bypass all the proxy rules.
Is there a way, where if the IP is a static one, pix would allow it to be the default gateway, but if it is a dynamic ip, then reset it to the dhcp gateway. Either that, or decide by range of Ips

·
Registered
2 Posts
i didnt get the last sentence , would you like to reframe it please. As per my understanding what i've got so far
I would suggest not to let them change the ip of the workstations . Keep the static ip's for the servers only.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.