Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all
A newly built PC i made for my parents is having random reset issues. After looking into some solutions, i realized that it may be a driver issue, since I realized i had overlooked installation of chipset drivers. However, i'm having some difficulty with the driver setup. At one point during setup, a box asks me to 'choose windows os path', and there is a browse option and everything...i've tried directing it to c:\windows, and even typing in C:\WINDOWS, c:\Windows, \WINDOWS, etc with the variations...and they all come back as 'incorrect path'. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Is Windows on your C: drive? Sometimes, depending on what devices you have, your main hard drive where Windows resides is not C.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, its on the C drive...am I thinking of the wrong thing? is there something about 'choose windows os path' that maybe i'm misunderstanding?

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Are you installing the correct drivers? If you try to install Windows 2000 drivers by mistake on an XP system, for example, it will be expecting the OS path to be C:\WINNT

Are the drivers on the motherboard CD or have you downloaded them?

Post back with your motherboard make/model and a link to the drivers you're using (or names and version numbers if they're on the CD).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
sure thing
ECS P4M800-M v.2 motherboard.... and i'm using the drivers that came with the package..
if you need the info on the drivers on the cd, i can call my dad up and ask him to read them off to me (its my dad's computer thats having this issue, and i'm away from home for college)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.