Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Chauffeur2 wants to know How and Why is this caused?[Resolved]

Hello Everyone,

This particular issue is just an annoyance, as it only occurs on my computer.
My wife has virtually the same set up, but her firewall settings are visible.

Both computers have AVG Internet Security Suite 7.5 installed; the components of this program are:
Anti-Virus : Anti-Spyware : Anti-Spam : Firewall : Resident Shield : Email Scanner : Shell Extension : Update Manager : License.

When installed, the default settings for AVG were selected, and the program operates flawlessly.

Now here is the difference, my computer shows the Windows® Firewall as disabled, but without any options whatsoever, yet on my wife's the options are still highlighted...why is this so?

Here is what I mean....
This is my Computer...

Text Blue Line Font Software

Now this is "Her" Computer...

Text Blue Software Line Screenshot

For information, I submitted a HiJackThis Log about two weeks ago, and it was "as clean as a whistle" according to Glaswegian.
I am perhaps a security paranoid freak, as I have AVG set to scan everyday, and for peace of mind, every Saturday, along with 'General Maintenance' I do a Trend™House Call on both machines. [This procedure is carried out on both machines.]
Any ideas, thoughts or solutions would be greatly received.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
You can actually leave it as it is. :grin: You want to know why yours is greyed out? It is because of the your computer's group policy. It has been set to be greyed out. Could be a doing of malware. But since Glaswegian has declared you clean, may not be malware after all. :smile:

See here on how to reset it.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/resetfwpol.htm

·
Team Manager , Articles Team
11,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
G'Day Dorts,

You are a "Bleeding Legend" ! :pray:

That link certainly fixed the problem...thanks a million!! :4-clap:

:4-cheers:

EDIT:

If you want me to closed this thread as "Resolved" let me know and it'll be done!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Glad I could help. :grin:

(BTW, what's "Bleeding Legend" suppose to mean? :laugh:)

Edit: Your choice. :smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.