Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello. right first post of the forum.

okay while i was on the msn messenger talking to my friends, since my ID was in Verdana small latin letters. [my friend made for me the ID using character map] when i was talking to my friend, who is another person who uses the font for ID, it appeared to be ???. but at the main program of msn, i could see my ID properly as what its supposed to be. my friend then asked me to download character map, since i didnt install it that time. so after i install, nothing happens.

oh well. hopefully this can get solved! :grin:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hi Virt, Since you are getting no help I'll make a wild guess and try to answer. Sounds like you are expecting Character Map to have something to do with reproducing what was used from it. It only borrows characters from another font and marks them in the document to tell the system what font to use for that one character. Loading Character Map does nothing for reproduction. You do have to have the font loaded that the character was borrowed from in order to show it. Get your buddy to tell you the font he used, secure it and load it to your font folder. Look in Control Panel.

Hopes this helps a bit, Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
heh.

rofl my friend already sent to me the font and i've installed it. but looks like it still cant work. :normal: but at the main program of msn, i could see my ID properly as what its supposed to be.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hi again Virt, The font he sent you should be the font he used Character Map on not the one he wrote the document on. ???

More Luck, Jim

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Hi Jim,

I believe that Virtuality has already the font which was used by the friend in Character Map which is the Verdana font.

rofl my friend already sent to me the font and i've installed it. but looks like it still cant work. :normal: but at the main program of msn, i could see my ID properly as what its supposed to be.
Could it be MSN Messenger not displaying foreign/international characters? Although Virtuality is able to see the characters on the main program which I assume is the contact list window. :grin:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hi Dort, You are probably right. I will do some experiments with Character Map and see what programs can handle the special characters.

JIm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.