Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any way i can make it so when i minimize something i dont have to click on the toolbar to re-open it?

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Yeah, hit Alt-tab.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats not what im saying

can you disable ^^ those (circled items)

because im so close to making my PC look like a mac and thats the last thing. lol

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
I honestly have no idea... I haven't used a mac in four years. There are some people here who might know how, but I don't know enough about the new Mac OS to understand what you're referring to.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Fox said:
I honestly have no idea... I haven't used a mac in four years. There are some people here who might know how, but I don't know enough about the new Mac OS to understand what you're referring to.
im not running on mac.... im on windows XP and its totally skined to look like a mac but the only thing is that the maximize/minimize icons on the toolbar i dont want cause it makes it look non macish

better words

does anyone know how to hide the applications on the tool bar

·
Henry
3,490 Posts
Umm, maybe try right clicking on the toolbar, properties, check "Auto-Hide The Taskbar"

And when I saw this thread I was thinking telling you about using WindowBlinds (the free one) to skin your comp to look like a Mac.

EDIT: Oh you mean how on OSX you minimize it to the docking bar right? Well I don't think I can help you there, unless you want ObjectDock but I think to get what you want you'd have to buy it (the free one barely has anything to it)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HenryVI said:
Umm, maybe try right clicking on the toolbar, properties, check "Auto-Hide The Taskbar"

And when I saw this thread I was thinking telling you about using WindowBlinds (the free one) to skin your comp to look like a Mac.

EDIT: Oh you mean how on OSX you minimize it to the docking bar right? Well I don't think I can help you there, unless you want ObjectDock but I think to get what you want you'd have to buy it (the free one barely has anything to it)
i have objectdock and windows blinds and just dont want the applications on the toolbar.

& im on Windows XP

·
Henry
3,490 Posts
So you do mean like on OSX, when you minimize it it goes to the end of that dock. Well I dunno.......

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HenryVI said:
So you do mean like on OSX, when you minimize it it goes to the end of that dock. Well I dunno.......
no... do you know when you minimize something in windows it goes on the toolbar. i dont want it to that thats all.

·
Henry
3,490 Posts
Not trying to sound mean, but where else would it go if it wasn't minimized to the taskbar?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
HenryVI said:
Not trying to sound mean, but where else would it go if it wasn't minimized to the taskbar?
i have object dock and it will go there. (i dont want the taskbar buttons)

EDIT: Is it possible to remove the taskbar buttons ?

I'm using objectdock now so i want to use that instead of having the taskbar buttons.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.