Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Nero plug in for encoding these files but they take ages to do, i was wondering if anyone knew of a faster way[ program] out there anywere.
thanks for any advise,
tuby

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks Dai, i am new at recoding those files, using Nero's plugin it took 4 hours for one of them and the other was 5 hours for another, so whilst waiting for an answer here, i tried dvdSanta's program which cut down at least one hour off Nero's program, so far dvdSanta's program is the best up to date, if anyone else knows of any other faster recoder's i would really like to hear from you.
Thank you,
tuby

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Intel Celeron D 320, 2400 mhz cpu now, i thought that would have been good enough for most of my needs, i really wasn't planning to go up any higher than that, not for a while yet, looks like i will have to be a bit more patient, thats if there is no faster encoders than dvdSanta.
Thanks
Tuby

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
A celeron, no matter how fast, isn't good for that sort of work. My laptop's Athlon 64 3000+ can do video rather quickly.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your replies,
Mine is a Pent4 as well, so you wouldn't think that small amount of differance would cut the recoding time by half, if i was to recode & play games over the net 24/7, i probably would need a Athlon 64 3000+, but for my general needs & financial situatation i think mine has to be powerfull enough.
but still thanks for your interest,
its much appreciated,
Tuby

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bruiser said:
Didn't you say you have a Celeron? You either have a Pentium or a Celeron. Which is it?
My mistake, what a stuff up :laugh: i got mixed up a bit then, sorry, the correct spec's are: Celeron 2.4 MHZ cpu, CPUID Manufacturer is Geniun Intel, Motherboard is made by Epox Ep 45gm81, i hope that sounds better.

As a blind man could see, i don't know much about PC's, but please tell me, what is the differance between a Celeron 2.4 mhz & Pent 2.66 ? is it the amount of MHZ in the unit or is it just the name sake of the manufacturers ?
thanks
Tuby

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ebackhus said:
Actually, an Athlon 64 of the class I have is dirt sheap.
Actually, a very knowledgable person has advised me to try out one of those DVD shrink/ DVD Decrypter programs, i have tried a little test with it and it done it super fast, it was actually shocked on how fast it was, so all the confusion [ my confusion] of cpu's & what not,was not warranted at all by the looks of it.

Tuby

·
Premium Member
3,879 Posts
Both dvdshrink and dvd decrypter work well. You might look for smartripper to try out, and they're all free.

The celeron is much slower than the pentium. It's kind of like comparing a Kia to a Viper in a drag race.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.