Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's the craziest thing. My Epson CX5400 has been working great - absolutely no problems. When I replaced my black ink this time, it now will not print black! It will print pages, and says the black is full, but only the other colors show up on the page.
I thought perhaps I had a bad ink cartridge, so I removed it and replaced it with another new cartridge. Same results.
I have reinstalled the drivers just to see if there was something odd going on, but I have not made an ounce of progress.
I am quite frustrated.

·
OmegaDawn
781 Posts
Make sure you removed the,usually yellow,tape from the top of the cartridge.
This allows air in the cartridge so it can charge.
The run a cleaning cycle to see if it will claer the print head.
You should have an icon in the task bar for you printer.
Right click it for options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have exactly the same problem. it was working fine until I replaced the ink cartridges.

There doesn't seem to be anything to tear off as you would normally get with replacement cartridges, in fact it tells you not to remove the label.

I checked the new one's against the old and they look identical and the bit where the ink comes out has been broken as you'd expect.

Have tried turning on and off, cleaning head, cleaning nozzells etc, but it won't print, so if anyone has an answer please let me know.

In addition, it tells me there is a problem with the scanner although this error message goes when the printer is turned off and on.

HELP please!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE - according to the geek squad, my print head is out and it will require $450 to repair it. (Or I could buy 2 or 3 new printers for the same money!)
Pretty sad, considering all I did was replace an empty ink cartridge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.