Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I've just found a pst file with all my old email. I'd like to put them back on the server (hotmail) but before doing that I've seen that some of them were not recived (or sent) to my actual address (@hotmail.com) but to an old one (@infinito.it). So I was thinking to export them from outlook 2013 to CSV, modify that address into the new one and then import them back on outlook 2013. The problem is that when I export them to CSV, in that file they don't have the date (received or sent) and so when I get them back on outlook 2013 they miss that info.
Can anyone help me doing this? I've been told that VBA macro should be useful for this, but having a look in it I have no idea of what I sould do.
Ah, instead of outlook 2013 I can also use thunderbird (45.3.0) if it's easier with it, but then I'd have to convert that pst file.
Thanks!

·
Team Manager - Networking
8,371 Posts
I would set the PST file up as a data file in outlook 2013
then on your hotmail email in outlook 2013
create a new folder (or more if required)
now copy the emails from the PST DATA folder (will be under personal folders in the outlook 2013 pane
and paste them into the new folder(s) you have created under the hotmail email part of the outlook file

Now that folder will be created on the website outlook.com and also the folder and all the emails will be available via the outlook.com website

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
That's for putting them back to the server, but given that in the pst file there are also e-mail received to (or sent from) a @infinito.it email address I need to change it to a @hotmail.com email address (and that's why I was thinking of doing it in the csv file)...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.