Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thank you for offering such a great help
first of all i am having the same issue as one of your members had before but the links to resolve the problem were taken down here is the link:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-changed-exe-icon-now-all-exes-are-changed-to-default-icon-535087.html

I used a program to change the default icon on programs and I made a mistake when i changed the default icon for all the .exe not knowing that all the icons on my desktop would look the same now since they are all .exe.

I can't do a system restore and i need them to go back to default
I am running Win 7 64x Pro

Thanks for your help

:cry:

·
Enthusiast
4,527 Posts
It's much safer to change application shortcut icons on a "one at a time" basis, using the built-in Properties > Change Icon feature which most shortcuts have. Using software to do it is unecessary and also (as you've discovered) risky.

Doesn't the software have a way to restore defaults?
If it doesn't, you'll have to restore each one manually by right-clicking one, choosing "Properties", then clicking "Change icon". Click "Browse", navigate to that shorcut's parent application in C:\Program Files, find the main executable and select that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a good idea an i will put it to action but still hoping there is a .reg something that would make them all go back to default as it was done on the previous post

THANKS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.