Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Chaintech VNFH motherboard for my new Athlon Socket 939 system I'm building. I didnt realize but now power supplies are getting tricky. The power supply I bought has 20 pins and the connector on the board has 24 pins. I dont think this will work at all. The motherboard diagram shows where pin 1 should be set and I cannot set it in pin 1. There is a way to fit it in but the snap locks wont meet up. Im thinking of returning the power supply. Also. Another question on this board. Where are the connectors for the reset, power buttons, etc... Couldnt find them.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
The connector is in the lower right corned next to the FD1 header( Labled CN1A) see pg 6 of you manual, pg 14 of your manual show you what goes where. :4-book:
And yes return the power supply and get the right one. A good sales person would have pointed that out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you're refering to the Vnf4, a 20 pin connector will work ok. The connector tabs won't line up, but as long as it stays in the socket, it's fine. I ran mine that way for several months. The connecotor will only fit in one way, and yes, there are 4 pins that are left empty. Be sure the psu is powerful enough for your system though, it shoud have at least 18a on the 12v line. There are 20pin to 24 pin adapters, one came with one of my 20 pin power supplies, but it isn't needed with the vnf4, it can run on 20.
Here's a (blurry) pic.

The fp connectors are at the bottom right of the board, if the "top" is the side with the ram slots. The manual has them labeled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.