Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having problems with my CDRW since I bought my pc from a friend, I've been able to burn one cd after trying 5x to burn a cd, since that one I have tried too many times to count to burn another cd but it hasn't worked. I've tried different burning programs such as Nero, Fireman, Windows media and a few others I can't remember that names of, I have even tried burning at different speeds with no success. My CDRW will play disks, it even reads that there's a blank disk in the drive but when I go to burn it goes through the whole process the programs say it's completed successfully and certain progams have listed the song titles on the cd but as soon as I close the program or try to play the songs the disk reads blank again. I'm really getting frustated and have even asked my friend if she's ever had the problem but she told me no they used to burn cds all the time with no problems. Can someone please give me some help before I go insane. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
welcome to tsf

this is an internal rom you are referring to?

check to see if there is a firmware update available from the manufacturer's home page.

choose the slowest burn available also in the options menu

post back

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

whosdat said:
welcome to tsf

this is an internal rom you are referring to?

check to see if there is a firmware update available from the manufacturer's home page.

choose the slowest burn available also in the options menu

post back
I went to the website, got the firmware and now my CDRW won't read the blank CDRs as being in the drive all it's doing is asking me if I want to format the disk and says it's unable to format the disk. But it's still reads other disks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reply again

I have checked my cdrw is listed correctly but I can't find my nero disk I was thinking of trying to find one online but I don't trusted that they will work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.