Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, when my brother started up the computer, CHKDSK came on like it sometimes does (it does for you too, right? RIGHT?). My brother, however, does not believe in CHKDSK, and he opted out. I tried to stop him, but he just shrugged and said, "I've done this like 20 times before and nothing ever happened." After the computer started up, it started getting insanely slow and crashy, so I hit the reset button (it was so unresponsive I didn't even have the patience for opening the start menu and clicking through the shutdown menu). Instead of booting, however, it simply stated that "\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG does not exist or is corrupted" and went on to explain about how I should use the WinXP disc and the repair install. Too bad that when I slipped the disc into the drive and restarted, it acted as though there weren't one there... :4-dontkno:eek:

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Boot into the Setup Bios and change the Boot order for CD rom to be the first boot device. If your XP disc is bootable and it's in the drive. When the computer boots up, you will get the message Press Any Key to Enter Setup...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. It was already set up like that. It Just. Doesn't Work.

Other CDs will boot just fine, but it keeps rejecting this fr*cking one!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.