Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I got myself a new Cd burner (NEC CD-RW NR-9300A), and installed it. Now it can read normal CD's perfectly, but doesn't recognize any emty CD-R's (I've tried several brands: Sony, Phillips, EMtec, Silver). One time, and only once, it recognized a sony cd-r after is had been in there for quite a while, but when I (immediately of course) tried to burn it, it gave me the power collaboration error (witch indicates a incompattible CD brand, right?). The driver is now the XP driver it installs automatically, but I can't find any alternate drivers (my first thought). So now I'm stuck. I hope someone can help me and that I've given enough info, but feel free to ask more...

Thanx,
Bas

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Well, I think power collaboration error might have something to do with the power that CD burner uses to play / burn CDs... Is the power line thats pluged into the burner shared ? How is your power in general ?

oh, btw, welcome to the forums !!! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh thanx for welcoming! :D

About the power collaboration error, I'm not sharing the power lines, but I don't think the error is about that. The error occured a couple of times with my former cd burner, while I was using very cheap brands of CD's, and I noticed other people have the same problem with that. The error also seems to occur with a dirty cd-lens, and flawing burning software...

But in my case I think the error is a side-effect of the not even recognizing empty space in cd-r's. In explorer it recognizes the fact that there's a cd in there but give me "used: 0k, free: 0k". Pretty strange.....

I can't answer the question how my power in general is, don't understand exactly what you mean. And forgive my english if it's not totally correct, i'm dutch.... :)

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
hey no problem, glad to have you on the forums !!!
Your english is very cool too... :D
And that problem is strange indeed...what software are you using ?
By the power in general I meant what kind of power supply you have, did you have any problems with power in the past, etc...
Have you tried to format the media ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm mostly using Nero 6.0, but tried the integrated XP burner en EasyBurn as well, none of 'm recognize any empty space on the disk.
Is formatting an option with CD-R's??? can't do it the regular way (right-click in explorer or in command-prompt either). Could be a way i don't know of...

I don't really know what kind of power supply I'm using, not that high of a tech level... :no:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that a serious question?
No I bought the burner alone... Nero 6.0 I downloaded from Kazaa, and unfortunately, they didn't send me a cd-burner with it.... :winkgrin:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well,

best option to solve to problem :
Get back to the shop, tell m they don't know **** about what they're selling, and get a different burner.....

well thanks for the help anyway guys......

BTW, love the concept of these forums..

G

·
Is that a serious question
Actually when I downloaded my Nero from Kazaa I got a free CD burner in the mail three days later from the RIAA...............:rolleyes:

Seriously though, usually when you buy a boxed burner from a computer store it comes bundled with some sort of burning software. If it came with your burner you know it's going to be compatible. But if you got it elsewhere it just may not be compatible with your burner. So you should take a look at Nero's website and check for compatibility........:D

·
Citizen of the world
51,053 Posts
I still don't understand what the attraction of Nero 6 is. :confused: Nero 5.5 has done everything I need a burning program to do, and it's worked without incident on a number of systems. As a bonus, I even have legal copies, since almost every CD-RW I took out of the box came with the red CD. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, the burner I bought was a bulk version, so no software coming with it... though according to Nero's website de burner should have been compattible, it didn't work... I think it was a hardwareproblem, not the software...

So I got back to the shop, and changed the thing for a Lite-On LTR-52327S, wich did come with the red cd indeed.. it works perfectly (gee, 52x is indeed a lot faster then 4x :D)...

And for the not understanding of the attraction of Nero 6.0 over 5.5, what's de f*cking difference? and who cares if both progs do what they should... : They Burn CD's! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.