Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently reinstalled XP Home. My CD-RW drive reads just fine, but hangs when trying to burn a disc. I tried different burning software to be sure it wasn't that program's fault, and the drive hangs mid-burning everytime.

Is this a driver issue? Do I need to update? If so, can anyone track down the LITE-ON LTR-482475 driver? I tried searching liteon.com but the closest LITE-ON cd-rw drive they have is 48246S. If this is not a driver issue, do you think I need to buy a new RW Drive?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Have you tried a different brand of disk? Some drives have problems with certain brands of disks. Is this computer a home built or a prebuilt? If it's prebuilt, did you check the computer manufacturer's website for updated firmware? Drivers are not the issue here, but perhaps firmware is. There is always the possibility that the drive is bad, but you need to try a few more things before giving up on it. If you cannot find firmware for that model, perhaps an email to LiteOn would help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My model is 48247S, not 52327S. I used ctrl+f for every page of that thread and found zero instances mentioned of my model number.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.