Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would someone please help me with my CD-RW drive? It cannot read or write to a CD. As a matter of fact, I can’t even list the files on the CD using Explore. I’m running Windows XP on a Dell. The drive is defined in My Computer. I can eject by right clicking on the drive. Going into Properties and then Settings, the drive is listed and it says the device is unlocked. Under media type it says “Device is not ready”. Going into General, there is no Label, Type, or File System. Used space, Free space and Capacity are all at 0. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
No, DELL's :thtsbad: Try to uninstall it. Then it should detacted it.................

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I uninstalled it, rebooted, it was detected and I'm still not able to read or write or even list the contents.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
clean the lens

Yup. it's filthy, Clean it out with either a lens cleaning cd (yeah right) or some air, or what i do, (but i wouldnt recommend that) is open it up into a boatload of peices, and use a q-tip directly on the lens. dry. a light wipe, then use the other end, and twist it two or three times while holding it right in the little F***ers eye.

~BoB~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.