Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't get my cd-rom to open. The only time it lights up is when I restart my computer and there is an orange light, but then it goes away. I tried sticking a pin in the restart "hole" but it didn't work. I can't remember if there is a CD in it or not.
It is listed under my drivers I think...it says disk drives then MAXTOR 6LO40L2...
My roommate did blow a fuse in our room the other day that turned my computer off for a couple of hours. Could that have something to do with it?? Is it fixable?

thanks so much!!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ CTclayfan
Try right-clicking on your drive and selecting 'eject' from the dropdown menu in windows explorer. The 'MAXTOR 6L040L2' is your HardDriveDisc not your cd-rom drive. Your CD-rom is probably 'D:/' or 'E:/'. Does the drive spin up when you power up your system? Try deleting the IDE channel that your CD-ROM resides on from within 'device manager' and restart your computer. Winbdows will redetect your drive and reinstall it.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ CTclayfan
Try deleting the secondary IDE channel from within 'device manager' and reboot. That will alllow WinXP to find and reinstall the 'new' components. Make sure your cables are tight on both ends as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.