Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a problem with a CD-R I recorded. A couple of months ago, I copied some mp3's over to the CD. It was not enough to fill the CD, so a couple of days later I added a few more files to fill up the CD.

Here is my problem...when I open explorer, I can only view the files that I added during the second session. Where did the rest of my files go?

I've got WinXP, but the CD was recorded using Win98 and Adaptec Easy CD Creator. Thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
When the first mp3 files were saved on the CD-R, the session must have been closed. That would be why you can't see them.

I always leave a session open.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I left the session open, but maybe not. If I did close the session, is there any way to view those files or are they lost forever?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunatley I still can't access the files. I even tried to use Roxio utilities to reopen the closed session, but it gave me an error. Grrr, this is very frustrating...I know the files are on the disk, I just can't access them!!! It is a shame too...the mp3's are of a live U2 concert I went to, and it will be hard to replace them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Woohoo!!! I recovered the files! :D

I did a google search for CD-R recovery programs, and found the following called IsoBuster. It found both sessions on the disk and let me recover the files on the first session. My concert is saved!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.