Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am having LG DVD/CD RW. For last few months I am facing problem with CD ROM and Music CDs. When I insert them nothing happens at all.
Where as when I insert a DVD it just play fine. In Properties it shows that "this device is working properly"
Please help me.

·
Registered
380 Posts
To update the firmware you need to go to manufacturers website,& download the firmware for your model,to check the model of you DVD Drive you need to go to device manager,expand that DVD drive & you will find the model #....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi
You must be right that firmware will not affect the disc detection.
But in properties of Drive it shows the message that "This device is working properly"
Why is it so?
The lens problem is not detected by devise manager?
Please help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I downloaded and installed the firmware successfully from manufacturer's web site, also I opened the drive and manually cleaned the lens, But problem not solved. When I insert CD, it detects it and the icon shows "CD ROM drive" but nothing happens.
Any other software related thing we can do?

·
Moderator; Hardware
19,884 Posts
"This device is working properly" only indicates that Windows has drivers and can communicate with the device. It has no bearing on if the device works, or how well it works.

If the drive is working properly, then you should be able to browse the contents of the CD. Either with My Computer or Windows Explorer, open the drive and see if you can view the contents of the disc.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
57,109 Posts
Hi Anil Barve :wave:

If the DVD part is working, then the firmware update won't make any difference - It's very likely the CD-laser LED has died - The drives usually have 2, 1 for DVDs and t'other for CDs.

It's cheaper to replace the drive than to get it repaired.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.