Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - Can anyone help please? My CD/DVD R/RW drive will open shop bought CDs (with programmes on) but will not open CD/Rs that I have written to in the past. Also, I cannot write to the CD anymore. What's wrong? I last used it successuflly with iTunes but then a second burn of music wouldn't work and it has been as described since. I have checked the driver and nothing better is available. The built-in Toubleshooter cannot help and it reports the drive working OK. Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
hello and welcome to techsupportforum.

please post each question only once, as it can make things harder for the people trying to read the new posts.

if you think you might have placed a question in the wrong section, simply ask us to move it for you.

i have deleted your other post.

this is not a warning, and no warning points are being handed out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure what burning software I have - how do I tell? I just normally burn direct from Itunes or from 'My Pictures'. Also - what do you mean about closing CDs? Thanks a lot for the help - I do really appreciate it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes - I have a Samsung 'Writemaster' CD. I haev put it back in but should I fully uninstall and then reinstall? Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.