Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my cd drives (dvd and cdr/rw) out of no where did not appear in my computer. In device manager they have error code 31 which means is a driver problem and it means a device they rely on has a problem. no other devices have errors. its not a hardware problem because i can boot off both drives and this problem happened simultaneously. i ahve unplugged/uninstalled and replugged/reinstalled the drives to no avail. i have repaired win2k files and absolutely nothing happened.

S

·
0 Posts
Hello madmaxman10 and welcome to the forums

Try going into device manager and uninstalling the primary and the secondary IDE channels.

You will have to reboot a couple of times after this so that Win can install them again...;)

·
Registered
852 Posts
OOH, I like to put R's and RW's on their own channel. Do you have one configured as "MASTER" and one configured as "SLAVE"?
There are jumpers in the back of the drives that make this happen. Also make sure the red or red dotted wire is on pin 1 of both drives and the board.

·
Administrator, Automotive Team Manager
5,288 Posts
Madmaxman, i agree with SPEEDO. It appears something had futzed up the drivers for the IDE controllers in Windows. If what he suggests doesn't work you may try downloading an updated driver for it from the vendor's site. Hope this helps.
MT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.