Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The door on a Liteon 24102M cdrw reopens seconds after being closed with a cd or empty. Windows device manager says the device is working properly. HELP please:confused:

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Sounds like a bad limit switch. Does the drive open even if you pause the machine in the BIOS wht the pause key and close it?

·
Registered
336 Posts
i swabbed the lens and it stopped.

Don't know how much that cost but if you are anywhere near OfficeMax or CompUSA you can get a newer faster CDRW for free to $9.99 after rebates. Cendyne often are actually Liteon...check the model number.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
swabbing?

swabbing doesnt cost anything.

i open it, and cram a q-tip into it's eye, and swish it around.

(as gently as can really be done)

~BoB~

and p.s.
someone once tried to tell me that it is the worst thing to do. i have swabbed about 50 now, and most of them were headed for the trash, and im still using two of the first ones. of those i have probably failed to save four or five of them, excluding the ones with bad mechanical parts. and none of them have been worse off after swabbing.

again,
~BoB~

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good to know, but...

That's good to know, thanks, but beleive it or not, it's working again. Don't know the connection, but I replaced an old monitor and a new 19 CRT. Great deal and great display, although it ghosted at first. Envision said to remove a video extension cable to stop the ghosting. Moved the box and removed the extension cable and the cd door worked normally again. The cd worked with the extension cable for a year, but I guess there was some interupt with the new display?
Who knows, I work in software and computer solutions cannot be explained. Thanks for the replies.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.