Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some problems with Nero - perhaps someone can point me in the direct direction!

Nero worked until I replaced my Non RW-cd Rom. Although I have since then "cleaned" the PC and re-installed all programs, it just wont' work anymore.

When burning, it goes right through the sinmulation stages without problem. When it actually starts burning the following messages appear:

"Start of burnprocess 4x (600KB/s)"
"Power calibration error"
"Command sequence error"
"Could not perform end of Disc at Once"
"Burnprocess failed at 4x (600KB/s)

Any ideas, anyone?

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Are there any other devices on the same IDE channel? The burner should be set as master, preferably with no other drives on the same cable. I've seen the 'power calibration' error when copying a CD from a slave CD drive to a master CDRW drive, both on IDE1.

Try dropping from 4x to 2x speed. And if you're burning 'on-the-fly' try making an image on the hard drive instead.

Also, the new drive might be faulty or not supported by Nero. See if any other burning software works instead (eg Alcohol 120%)

btw, you only need to use simulation mode when experimenting with a different brand of CDR/RW, not every time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your advice Koala. I managed to burn a disc at 2x.
Obviously it's frustarting at that pace! Does this give you any ideas where the problem lies?

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
If you're burning on-the-fly, it could be that the drive you're reading from and the drive you're burning to are on the same IDE channel. That's a common cause of power calibration errors. See the Nero forums where other people have had the same problem.

I used to get this error when my drives were setup as above, and had to drop the speed. My new burner is a SCSI drive on a PCI-SCSI card.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.