Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired this Pavilion with an OEM CD-writer and WinXP on it. I reformated and installed Win98SE, since I didn't have the XP disk or license. Now when I try to burn an audio CD, the program uses 100% of the CPU (Process Explorer). I tried the burner with XP before I reformated, and it worked fine. I've tried DeepBurner and CDBurnerXP Pro with the same results:burn starts but always fails. Does anyone know of any free burning programs that won't suck all my CPU resources? I wouldn't even mind converting files with a separate program first if I could just burn an audio CD. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Elf-stone said:
I acquired this Pavilion with an OEM CD-writer and WinXP on it. I reformated and installed Win98SE, since I didn't have the XP disk or license. Now when I try to burn an audio CD, the program uses 100% of the CPU (Process Explorer). I tried the burner with XP before I reformated, and it worked fine. I've tried DeepBurner and CDBurnerXP Pro with the same results:burn starts but always fails. Does anyone know of any free burning programs that won't suck all my CPU resources? I wouldn't even mind converting files with a separate program first if I could just burn an audio CD. Thanks for any help.
:cool:

1st thing ... check any TSR program running before you burn a CD.

2nd thing ... Maybe you can try out the alchol120% burning software.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no idea what a "TSR program" is, but I shut down all programs before burning. I also Scan-disk and De-frag. As a test I ran Process Explorer while doing a burn and it showed that the burning software used 100% of the CPU. CDBurnerXP Pro burned 2 1/2 tracks out of 14 before the CPU got overwhelmed, and the tracks it did burn were good quality so I know the hardware is OK. I'm going to check if HP has the software that came with the computer available for download, but I doubt it. So I'm looking for a CD-burning program that doesn't use up the CPU too badly, if anyone has any suggestions.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Elf-stone said:
I have no idea what a "TSR program" is, but I shut down all programs before burning. I also Scan-disk and De-frag. As a test I ran Process Explorer while doing a burn and it showed that the burning software used 100% of the CPU. CDBurnerXP Pro burned 2 1/2 tracks out of 14 before the CPU got overwhelmed, and the tracks it did burn were good quality so I know the hardware is OK. I'm going to check if HP has the software that came with the computer available for download, but I doubt it. So I'm looking for a CD-burning program that doesn't use up the CPU too badly, if anyone has any suggestions.
TSR Program mean that some of the program is running background. you wont be able to see it.

Try check out your startup program, try start those are needed only.

Suggestion : Nero Software, Alchol120%. both are great. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.