Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,
I seem to have a bit of a problem... I recently flushed my water cooling system, and while I was dumping the water out of the resevior I heard a loud popping sound. (The problem isn't water related.. I think the stress caused the popping) I didn't think much of it at the time. But when I went to turn my computer back on the Mobo screamed at me until I shut it off. I then reset the cmos, the abnoxious screech went away. But now it wouldn't boot, it would only post Bios and then restart. After moving the computer around and unplugging, plugging back in everything, it began to get up to the point of the windows loading screen, but then reboot before windows had ever loaded. The point in which it restarts never seems to be the same. Occassionally it will actually boot up in safe mode (only for a minute or so, then restart).

I managed to get it to do chkdisk, but everything seemed to check out okay with the hard drives. I've tried running memtest86 to test the memory as well, but no luck because it restarts before I can do anything.

So I'm trying to narrow down my options of what happened.. I'm thinking the motherboard is hosed..maybe some sort of hairline crack. I just wanted everyones opinion before I chunked it.

What would cause these symtoms? Bad Hd? Bad RAM? Bad CPU even? or just plain old bad Mobo.?

Appreciate your help
-Ryan

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
the water block on the cpu may need reseating and the paste renewed,you may have disturbed it and it is overheating
if it is posting i would look at the capacitors for swelling and leaking
after that i would suspect some other piece of h/ware as the problem
starting with the psu

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.