Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Have got a new Radeon x300 and have downloaded the latest driver as of today and installed. When I restarted I got the error for the cli.exe and CLI.exe program saying it cant initialise and gave me the following error code ox0000135.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Abigeus

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
CLI.EXE is the systray gizmo for the catalyst control center. If CLI.EXE can't load then there's some problem starting the control center up. Probably the most common cause is that you don't have .NET installed on your computer. You can download it from here. You probably should also install SP1 and then run Windows update because I think there have been some security patches for .NET.

You could also try running the smaller control panel version of the catalyst drivers. They have most of the functionality of the larger catalyst control center version of the drivers and they load a lot quicker and depend on less to run properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Uncle Marco

While waiting for a response to my previous thread I did try the smaller driver availble with the control centre, the smaller size catalyst driver, and that worked fine. Another problem that I encoubnted was, when I finally got the Control Panel driver working, I could not make my monitor sync at 85hz. I set both options that are availble in the normal display settings and the ati panel and still couldn't, yet with the smaller panel version i could.

Any clue?

Abigeus

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean. The monitor shuts off at 85Hz? What works and what doesn't work?

If you're running an LCD panel there are a couple of switches you can try in the "ATI Options" tab in the advanced display settings tabs. One is "Reduce DVI frequency" and the other is "Alternate DVI mode".

The other thing which can cause problems is if Windows doesn't identify your monitor correctly. Sometimes monitors don't work properly if they are identified as "Plug and play monitor" and they work better if you install the .INF file which is specific to the monitor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it doesnt shut off or anything and i am running an Acer 17in CRT monitor and when i click menu, on the monitor itself i get it saying that it's running at 60hz. The Catalyst driver which uses the Ati Console instead of the Ati Panel gets it to work just fine tho i have to change both options to get it to run at 85hz but for some reason when i do the same with the Catalyst Panel it just will not run at 85hz.

Abigeus

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I'm still not sure where the two places you're setting the monitor frequency are. The only place I set the monitor frequency is with the "Monitor" tab in the advanced display settings.

I've used both the Catalyst Control Center and the Control Panel versions of ATIs drivers and haven't had any problems controlling the monitor frequency with the "Monitor" tab. The "Monitor" tab is the standard Windows way of setting the monitor frequency it may be getting out of sync with the other method you're using.

By the way when you were installing the various versions of ATI's drivers did you always go to the Add or Remove Programs window and uninstall the previous driver before installing the new driver? If you don't do that then it can get a bit confused. If you can't trace down your problems I'd go to Add or Remove Programs and run the ATI Software Uninstall Utility to completely get rid of your old drivers. Then reinstall the ATI driver you want to run. Personally I think the Control Panel version is simpler and just as useful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Uncle Marco,

Yeah I always went to the control panel and complelty removed anything to do with Ati including the folder it makes on C:\. As you say the smaller funtion driver does the same job for what I require it to do so I have just stayed with that I was trying to figure out why one of the programs works and the other one didnt.

Thanks for all your help,

Abigeus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.