Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reinstalled Windows XP Home and went to reinstall my Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB and it works fine on the drivers that come off the disk. I downloaded the Catalyst 3.8 drivers and scrolling in maximized windows has become very choppy and when I try to play Counter-Strike in OpenGL 1024x768, it says it isn't supported by my video card.

Is there a fix for this anywhere?

Thanks!

·
Registered
376 Posts
You may need to go into your advanced display properties and ensure you've got the right settings for everything. Whenever I install new display drivers, I always have to go in there and set everything the way I want them all over again.

Did you first uninstall your old drivers and delete the old registry entries for the old Radeon stuff before installing the new drivers? Doing a clean install like that is the best way to avoid problems when installing new display drivers. Leftover remnants of old drivers often cause problems.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've only worked with nVidia cards, so I'm not familiar with the Radeon control panel. Would someone care to donate a Radeon 9800 AGP Pro card to me so that I can better answer issues with ATi cards?
:winking:

In the meantime, this online guide to Radeon settings should get you back up and running:
Radeon Tweak Guide
That should walk you through everything, while maximizing the performance of your graphics card. I couldn't locate a printer friendly version, so you'll have to keep clicking "next page" to get through it all.

Let me know if this helps...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.