Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:4-dontkno
I have a belkin f5d7632-4 that I am trying to connect to a Sitecom AP wl330 using cat5. I have tested locally and all ok, but when I try o connect to the cat5 that is run between our main house and converted garage I don't get a signal. I have noticed that the blue pair of cables are faulty, so I have configured wires 1,2,3,6 on a local cable and all access via the ap to the isp is good. I have connected the same in between buildings and not connection is made.

Any ideas on what my options are to get this to work. The buildings are only about 10-15 metres apart.

I have also tried wireless N routers and no luck either as too far. I want to connect the buildings and was hoping the cat5 would have worked.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
7,670 Posts
From what I can tell from posts on other forums, and the manual itself, the Sitecomm does not pass DHCP requests. Others please correct me if I'm offbase here.

You will need to config any computers using the Sitecomm with a static address. Use an address which is outside the DHCP scope of the Belkin router.

Eg: Belkin router hands out addresses 192.168.2.2 thru 192.168.2.100
Config the computer:
Ip address 192.168.2.200
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway 192.168.2.1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the sitecom configured ok if I test with local wire between devices all ok. DHCP off etc. I used 568b and am only using 1236 as blue pairs were faulty and not needed. I have used a cable tester both ends and seeing as signal. I have tried also a linksys with a local wire and works, but won;t work and tried to amplify with a linksys hub and no luck. really pulling my hair out on this as the converted garage and house are only about10-15 metres apart bwtween cable ends.

Would I get this if one of the cores is stretched??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
only trouble is the cable is integrate in the walls and underground so don't know if i could pull another cable to replace. Any other options to get wireless in the other building?

·
TSF Emeritus
16,395 Posts
Didn't use plastic conduit underground?
Bummer...

If you have clear line of site you can try with a wireless bridging unit. I would just run a new run of cable [multiple lines]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not sure how the previous owner has pulled the wire through. don't know if loose or tied with cable ties. but probably right

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.