Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
It used to be fun, But now they sell just about anything imaginable to make it easy.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
yeah....my official hobby...like Speedo said, there are pre-modded cases but I can still get my kicks by doing my own and making it original. Cant beat the real thing !!!! :D

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
Crazy thing, becasue I was thinking about getting my case all black on the side panel a Weathermen Logo that was yesterday!!!

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
yeah, me too :angel:
shawnbowski, that weathermen logo would look slick on a side of case, never thought about that...I might have to steal your design hehehe, j/k :tongue2:

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
DJ Specs said:
What if it beats you? I like looking at modded cases.
I would beat it back...with a bat...hehehe.... I like making those and then looking at them... :yes:

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
well

if by modding you mean adding thingsthat are for sale already, then no.

if you mean by carving holes in the case with a dremmel to add fans, or something unusual, then yes.

~BoB~

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
also

i was wondering how many of you like to start your mod job with an old case, like the laydown flatcases, from the 80286 and 80386 days.

i think there is something about the nostalgic feel you get sitting in front of something so incredibly old, and still doing the newest things with it.

if anyone wants to laugh, then you will really get a kick out of what i have just built. and ps, pictures are coming as soon as i get a 9volt battery for my camera.

~BoB~

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
bob vila, I cant wait to see your pics... :D
I also have an old packard bell packmate that is still running , I think I might carnage (beautify) it soon :D

p.s. bob vila, how do you like your dremel ? how often do you use it and for what ?

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
dremmel?

i absolutely love my dremmel, i just wish i had more than 20 bits.

as far as what i use it for, i dunno, cutting shaping grinding sanding carving drilling polishing and what else?

KILLING STUFF THAT MAKES ME MAD!!!!

haha j/k

i use it for anything i can.

i only have the 30,000 rpm model :(

Great for cutting fan holes.

but as far as old cases, i have a nice old one that seems to be made for my machine, and it is running in it now, but i still need to take it back out so i can carve the fan holes into the cover, and paint it. then come the pics.

~BoB~

·
Lacoka Nostra
1,067 Posts
merlin said:
yeah, me too :angel:
shawnbowski, that weathermen logo would look slick on a side of case, never thought about that...I might have to steal your design hehehe, j/k :tongue2:
It would look tight

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.