Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use carfaxonline all the time, recently I started to use Carfaxonline and after I key in my user name and password I get a blank screen with a – in the upper left hand corner of the page after I hit the “GO” key.

I have deleted any and all auto save passwords, cookies, temp internet files etc. I still get this blank page with a – in the upper left hand corner. Do you have an answer to this problem? This happens only on one lap top computer. I can go to others computers and get into this site with no problem. This happens only on one lap top.

I have contacted carfaxonline and they tell me this: I just tested your account and found it working as it should. I recommend deleting all your cookies, then starting again by entering the URL www.carfaxonline.com (please don’t use any auto fill if that comes up), user ID and password.

Sounds like there might have been some software updates on your end.

I have done everything that I know to do, do you have any suggestions?

·
Happy to support TSF!
7,263 Posts
Hi zemog129, welcome to TSF..

probably an idea trying a different browser such as Firefox or Opera just to test if the same happens.

Failing that, try restoring IE advanced settings and security settings (Tools -> Internet Options -> Security tab -> Default level -> Advanced tab - Restore advanced settings).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried everything and it does not change a thing? Still will not work. I got this advise and tried it and still no results.

Problems like these drive me crazy. I encounter them all the time. Try deleting your temporary Internet files. This seldom works, but it's the standard starting point. The problem is usually with your personal firewall or the security settings in Internet Explorer. The free ZoneAlarm firewall is famous for doing this. Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools -> Internet Options on the main menu. Click the Security tab and highlight the Internet zone. Go down the list and enable everything (or choose "prompt," the less risky alternative). If the Default button is available on Local intranet, Tusted sites, and Restricted sites, press the Default button. If the Defaut button is grayed out, it has already been pressed. This procedure is what I usually try when I run across this problem. It works about half the time.

·
Happy to support TSF!
7,263 Posts
So..does the same happen with alternative browsers? That way we would know if it was something affecting your entire system or just localized to IE.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can get into the site on all other browsers with no problem. I just can not get into the site with one single computer. It's got to be something on this system, but I do not know what. There was a section on carfax that says save username and password. I attempted to use this a when the problem started. The user name and password would not save and carfax told me I should not used this section after I attempted to use it. I was thinking that something someone saved a auto fill, I cleared all auto saves , cookies etc. Stll the same problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I downloaded FireFox and it worked just fine, I also downloaded IE 7 and again the IE did not work. I'm now using FireFox for all my carfaxonline work. Thanks for your help. Sorry IE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.