Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to use a TV card for video capture and am having some pretty serious problems. My specs

AMDXP 2100, 512MB DDR 2100, ATI 9700PRO vid card, WinXP (SP1 installed), Sound blaster Audigy Gamer.

I have tried ATI Wonder VE and a WinTV Go, TV cards. The cards install and work fine for viewing TV put the problem comes when I attempt to capture video. Both cards will work for a while and then either crash, reboot the machine, or in worst case freeze up requiring a cold shut down and then when trying to reboot give me a blue screen stating “unbootable_volume”. When this happens it is then necessary (at least for me) too reinstall windows.

All of my hardware including the TV cards has up to date drivers including my motherboard with the latest VIA drivers.

I have ruled out heat as an issue here and have tried lowering settings on the 9700 card. I am at my wits end. The last blue screen with the umbootable_volume error actually required a format before it would let me reinstall XP. Any ideas are welcome. I just thank God I back up on a regular basis.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you tried installing it in a different PCI Slot. you may just have a bad PCI. Hope this works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tex for the reply. But here is what it seems to boil down to. The PCI interface sucks when trying to capture vid. I went and bought a wintv pvr with a usb 2.0 interface and all problems are solved. I guess you pretty much get what you pay for when it comes to video capture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.