Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using Windows 98se.

I just recently bought a digital camera. Along with it I bought a Delkin eFilm Pocket Read/Writer-34. It says USB 2.0 Interface.

This included a removable USB cable to which I plug into the back of my computer and nothing happens. i.e. nothing shows up on the task bar.

When I look under My Computer there is also nothing there. When I plug in the Reader/Writer and then check My Computer Removable Disk (E) shows up, but when I double click it I get the following:

E:\ is not accessible.
The device is not ready.

I went to delkin.com and downloaded a driver that was recommended for Windows 98.

Can anyone help or if you need more infor please let me know.

Thanks

Glenn

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
When using Win98 and newer usb items, it is better to install the driver and reboot before plugging in the item. You may have found this out already...you don't say whether the driver worked or not.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
just to clear things up, when you connect the cable, nothing happens because nothing is supposed to happen.

a cable is not considered a device.

also, after you connect the card reader, it's supposed to say device not ready, until you stick a memory card into it.

it's a card reader, not a disk.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know how to tell for sure but it appears the correct driver has not been loaded.

I downloaded the driver's exe file to my desktop and when I click on it it says its intalled correctley. For a second I get a message that it going to C:\Windows\Temp\Driver.

When a memory card is inserted again nothing changes and I get the same error message.

Everything I have works good when I take it to work and use Win2000.

Thanks

·
OmegaDawn
781 Posts
From what you are saying,the driver was a zip file and it extracted to
C:\windows\temp\driver.
You need to go to that location and see if there is a setup file.
If not,you need to start the hardware wizard.
Go to start/settings/control panel and double click add new hardware.
Follow the instructions and when it asks you,pick choose hardware from a list and click on have disk.
Then point it to the file at C:\windows\temp\driver.
Install the driver,then restart your computer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.