Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting an error every time Windows Update tries to install sql server 2005 express edition with advanced services service pack 3, I get Error Code: 0x80070005.

All other sql updates installed fine..all other everything updates installed fine.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
LOL
Nah...Tonkatsu requires some prep time (learned to make it while living in Japan so I do it the "old school" way).
it was just shy of 5PM here when I posted that...

Ok..downloaded the program but in the system check, it gives a warning at the last step.

It passes all the checks until the last one...where it then says:
Edition Change Check (Warning)

To change an existing instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 to a different edition of SQL Server 2005, you must run SQL Server 2005 Setup from the command prompt and include the SKUUPGRADE=1 parameter.

I've been a hardware guy for a good portion of my life.
My wife (it's her computer) is a developer but neither of us are systems people (I know what I meant, but not sure if I explained that well).

So, installing something from the CMD line isn't necessarily something I want to endeavor to try.

I can do SOME small things from the command prompt, but this appears to have some pretty specific commands that need to be used. Which, of course, I don't know...so...any help appreciated.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello?
It's been four days...are ya done with me?

I'm stuck with this update that's got to be run from the Command Prompt and I don't have a clue what the command line is that goes in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.