Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my friends computer doesnt download windows updates, the windows update thingy says that it found 73 new updates. but whenever he tries to install them it says "following updates could not be installed" meaning all of the 73 ones. what to do? :>

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Have your friend go to update windows page and if he gets the error message again look in the upper right hand corner for an error code. Report back with findings.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could u be more specific how to do it? as he tried and didnt get any error code, ty :>

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Go to c:\windows and locate the WindowsUpdate.log file. Zip it and attach it to your next post using the manage attachment button. If the file is too big then open it (it's a text file) and paste the content related to those 73 updates (check the dates) here.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Didn't find any error message, updates seem to have downloaded fine. But There's this message : "This computer is currently scheduled to install these updates on 12. august 2007 at 03:00".

Maybe someone else will know more, but I guess you could still wait a few hours until then and see what happens :4-dontkno

If that fails, try installing only one update and see if it works. See what the windowsupdate.log file says about that update (I may have missed something in the above log due to the big amount of updates downloaded at the same hour).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.