Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since last month I haven't been able to update windows as I keep getting error code 80070002, and i've tried every suggestion by microsoft to no avail. Any help would gladly be appreciated!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've actually tried the fix it solution, when it prompts me to restart I get a BSOD.. and I tried looking for a restore point but there's none, the last restore point is the 22nd of May and that's still when I had this problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried the fixit solution again and got special pool detected memory corruption, and then when i restarted my computer and logged in, after like 2 minutes i got special pool detected memory corruption again! :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, I tried the fix it program in safe mode and it didn't work. After a while, I decided to do a clean install, as I was sick of getting different BSOD's in between fixing my windows updates, and now I have a new error 80080005 in my clean install of windows? Oh and I succesfully installed MSE on my clean install btw.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Although some of the steps in this article include that of jenae's, it gives others to try Code 80080005 Error on windows update with windows 7 home premimum - Microsoft Community

There's also this auto troubleshooter you could try Fix Windows Update Error messages and other Windows Update issues but if the error code relates to specific updates - which you will be able to confirm in Update History showing as failed, then a Google of the KB number should give you a MS direct download link.

If it's a complete failure of all the updates after trying the above MS steps, then try downloading just a few at a time from the notification.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Tom, I will try some of those steps and get back to you with my results as soon as possible. Many thanks!

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
My eyes aren't good enough to read the errors but it has ID'd three issues which can be investigated - would you type those out please, plus what it has fixed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Windows Update Error 0x80070005(2013-06-04-T-07_10_00p) = Not Fixed
Problems installing recent updates = Not Fixed
Check for missing or corrupt files = Detected
Some security settings are missed or have been changed = fixed
Service registration is missing or corrupt = fixed
Problems installing recent updates = fixed

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Can you open the cmd prompt as an administrator and enter this cmd - sfc /scannow and let us know what it reports on completion - takes 20-30mins.

If you've never used the cmd prompt before, go Start - type cmd.exe then right click on the word cmd and select Run as administrator - click on Yes and that will give you the cmd window where you type sfc /scannow at the cmd prompt then press Enter.

Note the space before the forward slash.

Alternatively, you could go into the BIOS to change the Boot Order to read from the diskplayer first - insert your install disk - Save and Exit (usually F10) - on reboot Press any key to boot from CD/DVD when prompted and select the Repair option.

Select Safe Mode with Cmd Prompt and at the X:\ prompt enter this cmd (assuming your OS is in the C: drive) - there is a space before each of the forward slashes.

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\Windows

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sfc/scannow gives me error windows resource protection could not start the repair service, the repair disk method gives me an error with compatibility of the version of windows and the last sfc scan method gives me "The arguments passed to sfc are invalid. The offline windows directory specified points to the online system".

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
From your last post, it sounds as if you ran sfc with three methods or was the bit about compatibility an extension of the "could not start" message ?

For the first error "could not start" message - from Start type services.msc then press Enter

Scroll down to Windows Module - it should be showing as Manual.

Double click on its name and using the dropdown change this to Automatic then click the Start button - OK - then use the File dropdown and select Exit - try the Windows Updates again.

When you used the install disk, did you go into the BIOS and change the Boot Order to read from CD/DVD ROM before the HDD by moving it up to the first device - put the disk in then select Save and Exit ?

The arguments passed to sfc are invalid error is normally associated with the machine not booting from the install disk.

Just to check that your version of Win7 is valid - go Start - right click on Computer then select Properties

Scroll down to Windows Activation and it should say Windows is activated and under that should have your OEM product key if it is a legal copy.

·
Moderator , - Microsoft Support
7,738 Posts
Hi, sfc should help here, to run it offline you need to be using the RE (repair your computer) in seven this is built in, open safe mode advanced and select "repair your computer" it (unlike vista) is not necessary to boot from the system OS. You select command prompt and at the x sources prompt, type:-

sfc/scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows (press enter)

If this still returns an error (unable to run) then still at the x sources prompt type:-

dism.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions (press enter), actually it is probably a good idea to run this regardless it may well fix all your issues. Restart computer to boot normally.

·
Moderator , - Microsoft Support
7,738 Posts
Hi, did you try the suggestions in post #17? Windows module installer is trusted installer, it should be left as default which is manual please change back to this. The error 1067 is "the process terminated unexpectantly" Please let us know what happens after running the dism cmd.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can you explain the instructions in post #17 again more clearly please? I don't know what "safe mode advanced" is.. and I don't really understand what x sources means, sorry..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.