Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
my type of computer is a Cicero and my XP home edition is 2002 (old computer)
I have Nvidia Riva TNT2 model 64/64 pro
Intel(R): Pentium 4CPU 1.5ghz and 512 mb Ram.

I had some problems with regedit by editing it with written instructions that I downloaded. Unfortunately when I restarted my computer as it said it went all the way to the log on screen, with no difficulty but, when I tried to logon it immediately logged out again to the log on screen. I tried fixing it with registry cleaners (2 kinds)in safe mode with networking I know big mistake. But they didn't help. So as a last result I used the operating system recovery disc, Also this may help: The recovery disk :Cicero system recovery V:1.4 My hardrive Maxtor 6L200P0 on the first boot device "CD" MPS version control of OS 1.1
the first one Non Destructive system recovery- reinstalls factory shipped applications without effecting any data files. but it didn't help at all. So i tried the 2nd one
System recovery-no format-install a new operating system all current files are moved to "My Old Disk Structure" directory. This kind of helped but it had many problems, such as many programs just not working, and it was very slow
Then I tried system-recovery all factory shipped files are reintslled and all personal data is deleted. That works but I can't download anything such as updates and adobe. When I try the to install updates I get the image you can see at the bottom or has problems installing the first update. If everything else worksand I try to install service pack 2 from system updates It either doesn't install it all together or installs and then I can't get past the last phase of boot screen.also I. Everything else works though like the basic internet, control panel, etc. Lastly I have tried the cicero recovery disk atleast 15 or more times over the past week

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.