Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I cannot set up my home network. The reason why I believe is that under local network properties advanced tab where you have to give sharing access to other computers the settings part is blank... there should be an option to check off that says let others use this computers internet connection and sharing. All that shows on that window is the firewall setting tab. Below that is blank.
How did this happen and can I get it back without reformatting? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I am trying to share through ICS. I am connecting wirelessly from my laptop to my PC which is connected through an ethernet connection to a modem router in one by actiontec.
Also something i probably should include is that there is a network adapter built into my motherboard that never worked so I had to buy a new one and installed it. So yes I do have 2. Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
if you only require to have your laptop access the internet via the pc then select both the wireless connection and the ethernet one right click on one of them and select bridge connection. this will tell your pc to route packets from your wireless to ethernet and vice versa it basically acts as a router

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.