Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason I can't copy certain music files to my CD or DVD drives. I've never had this problem before...

When I try to send the data files to either of the drives, I get the message "Cannot copy track (whichever). Data error. Cyclic redundancy check". Most of the files on this album transfer ok, and ALL transfer ok on the computer at work. Both are recent installations of XP. I'm using WMP 9.0, and the file types are mp3 and/or wma. I've checked the WMP troubleshooter and didn't find this error code. Any ideas?

By the way...Is it just me or does anyone having trouble with WMP/XP combination. All kinds of glitches and hang-ups, etc.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Personally, I think WMP9 is a bloated buggy piece of software. I have WMP7 on most of my machines, and I don't use that unless I have to. I use WinAmp for my music player, and PowerDVD for video.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
I would recommend you try Nero instead, which I believe there is a free version of.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I don't think Nero has a free CD burning program, but it comes with almost every CD-RW drive and DVD drive I've bought lately! :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
they could be file protected and you can't burn them. I read something about this a month or so ago and it is new technology coming out....can't remember the band that was using it but you have to record the music (analog) in order to make a copy.

If it is an older CD then there is some other problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.