Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a q6600 GO stepping and a Gigabyte P35-S3L mobo...my cpu temperatures were getting pretty high around 50C with the stock cooler...so i bought the Arctic Freezer 7 which was recommended by a few people. I installed it and have it blowing the hot air out the back also with the help of a 120mm fan. Core Temp is still showing my temperatures at 44C which is still pretty hot. Everyone who has this cooler says that they Idle at anywhere from 27c to 35c but I haven't seen one review that says any higher for idle Temps. Those temperatures are also with the same q6600. I was hoping to eventually overclock my system hoping that I could achieve the same results as other with the temps. I've followed the instructions for the cooler and applying arctic silver 5 perfectly and at this point im not sure what else I can do. IF anyone has any suggestions that would be great

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i currently do not have a front fan and im not sure if my case even has room for one, however it gives me these temperatures even if I have the case open and the room is air conditioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.