Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
usually when you hold the left mouse button and move it, you create a highlight box. This works in my folders, but when I do it on the desktop, the box stops expanding after it's about half a cubic centimeter. and it stays there on the screen until I refresh the desktop

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm not really sure what would cause that. A slow or stressed cpu, ram, etc. can cause things to "stick" like that. You might want to check your processes, but I don't think that would be the issue. Try messing with the appearance options in Control Panel. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to tell you. Perhaps someone else can give you a more detailed, or helpful, response. I hope it helps some.

CMA

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, it can't be my computer speed. I have a 3ghz comp, with 512mb ram... Also, it only happens in normal mode, it doesn't happen in safe mode. I also tried to switch the appearance settings back and forth but still same thing. I also notice that my desktop icon text background isn't transparent like it used to be. And yes I do have "use drop shadows" on, and I even double checked and triple checked it myself. I don't use "lock web items on desktop" either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.