Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suddenly the following problem with MS Outlook 2000 came up: when I try to run the program, the next error message (X) appears: " An OLE registration error occurred. the program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program". I uninstalled and installed twice each of the english and the greek edition of the entire MS Office, I tried to repair it through the relative button from the "Add-Remove Programs", nothing happened, the problem insists. Is there any advice for solving that problem? Thanks for your attention.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
This message occures when key reg. keys are deleted or moved from thier orig. installation location.

Uninstall office, in your windows registry make sure the following entry(s) is removed prior to reinstalling (using regedit.exe)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft >Office
&
HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Office

Make sure to select the office folder and then right click and choose delete to delete that entire key root entry and all sub entrys. The uninstall may not be deleteing these keys for some reason. After you delete the reg. key reboot and reinstall. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.