Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An ISO file was installed on my computer which I am unsuccessfully trying to remove. (I did not install)
It is called Need for speed carbon.

It is on a virtual drive (F: drive). This shows the contents of a CD on this drive but I cannot delete them. I think I partially uninstalled in the add and remove programs but this was not entirely successful.

I did not install but wish to get rid of it. It was INstalled with Daemon which I took off my computer

I have searched my computer and still find the following files.

NFS Carbon in C:\Documents and Settings\Doug\My Documents
Akryplos
ANAME
rzr-nfsc.iso which is on my desktop and is 3.96 GB in size.
C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\NFS_INST.EXE-120BB82B.pf
C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch\NFS_UNINST.EXE-0376BFAA.pf

Suggestions.

·
Banned
1,045 Posts
ISO file eh?...you mean an extracted pirated version of the game, neh?

your best bet would be to pull out the ol' ISO file again, reinstall and then do the right thing and using add/remove programs uninstall it...

and maybe donate some money to a charity, I prefer ones that help abused children, for the help you just got and the guilt you should feel for not paying for the game...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NOt responsible for the installation. Some crafty kids took advantage of my computer. I dont have the program etc.
Just donated to this website. Running lo on cash

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I disabled the F: drive with daemon and then I was able to remove the file from my desktop. Is there anything else I need to do
Thanks
Doug

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Sorry, I wish I could help more but I've never used Daemon Tools.

If the virtual drive is removed and not showing up in Windows Explorer then you should be finished. Check to make sure your other drives are working and labelled correctly, and look in Device Manager for any yellow or red flags that would indicate any problems. If that's all ok and there are no NFS Carbon files left on the system, then I think you've removed it successfully.

You might want to hang on for some more qualified replies though. :winkgrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.