Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot print with the 7130xi, I had the older PSC 500 working fine, I brought the computer to another office and loaded drivers, It took the old ones off and now when I print It prints one line and all the lights come on flashing. I shut it off and then it just says printer error. I was on with HP but after 5 hours forget it, Im way more knowledgable than anyone I was talking to and I need a quick solution. I know it has to do with the usb or conflict with old software but we took all old software off in the reg. I hope someone has gone through this and can help or Im buying a new printer, I dont care, I just need a quick fix... :cry:

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Try using the Deskjet 990c print driver and see what happens, it will not give you all the features, but should allow you to print. If the Deskjet 990c does not work, try one of the other 9xxc drivers, like the 970.

Do you have the monster all in one installation CD for this printer?

JamesO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that the unit fried, I tried it on 3 other computers one of which was working last month and all the light went on, I think a surge hit it. I also switched out the usb cables and nothing, so Im pretty sure it is a hardware issue,

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
You could salavage it with a print server if the unit has the LIO port in the rear?

About $70 on ebay. Search HP LIO.

JamesO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.