Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since loading avg antivirus software I cant print from my laptop to the printer connected on my other computer. This used to run fine.
The printer works fine on my other computer.

I get messages such as cannot connect to the printer, and printer spooler not working. The printer spooler on my computer is working based on advice provided in a previous message

"Go to your start menu > run > type services.msc

In the window that loads scroll down to the Print Spooler and if it is not started, right click it and start it."

Is this a firewall issue or something else? Any informed suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Techy Pal

Thanks for suggestion but no luck. Forgot to mention that my home pc and laptop is running XP. I have a new pc running vista sp1 and having problem there as well. Vista keeps telling me to load printer driver which I have done. Although I "see" the printer I just cant get it to connect. So in summary two laptops not able to communicate to the printer attached to the main pc. My internet connections are good. I can search shared files on the main pc OK so is my problem on the latter pc? Do I need to reload drivers on main pc or are there other settings? Further suggestions welcome.

cheers
Colin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.